It has just gone the 13th edition of the wine event in Napoli downtown: VITIGNO ITALIA (in Campania region, southern Italy). This edition has been characterized by the launch of the internal wine contest: Napoli Wine Challenge aimed at rewarding the best wines presented by the wineries that adhere to the event.
The final session has been held on the 20th of May, the judging panel has been led by Daniele Cernilli along
Just 5 the available awards (red wines, white, rosè, sparkling and dessert ones) with full transparency: the tastings of the judging panel have been broadcast live that I shared on FB live!
For those who have not read the winners yet, please find here the list. They have been rewarded with a jewel by Barbarulo company:
- SPARKLING: Caprettone by Setaro winery
- WHITES: ex aequo – Falanghina Benevento IGP 2016 by Castelle and Campania Fiano IGP 2014 Oi Nì by Eduardo Scuotto winery
- ROSE’: Piedirosè, Pompeiano Rosato IGP 2016 by Iovine winery
- RED: Taurasi 2008 by Calafè winery
- DESSERT WINES: Falanghina passito by Castelle winery
Vitigno Italia is a reference appointment in the wine sector especially for southern Italy, held in a wonderful background: the unique Castel dell’Ovo and offers 3 days of tastings and BtoB meetings for the producers. The wine contest contributes to guarantee a higher visibility especially for the partecipating wineries.
See you next year.