Only Wine is the festival focused on small wineries and young producers coming from all over Italy, a topic I have recently discussed: “Small producers versus big wineries”.
More specifically there will be 100 wineries selected directly by AIS (Association of Italian Sommelier) with more than 350 wines for tasting on the 28th and the 29th of April in the typical town Città di Castello in Umbria region, central Italy.
This is the 5th edition of an event which is gaining more and more visibility and success thanks to its well articulated programme of tastings and focused appointments led by the best (literally) Italian sommelier: Maurizio Dante Filippi (Best Italian sommelier – 2016), Andrea Galanti (Best Italian sommelier 2015) and Luca Martini (World best sommelier 2013). Last but not least, Sandro Camilli, President of AIS – Umbria delegation, who has coordinated all the italian regional delegations and selected the wines.
Here is the programme based of thematic areas:
- THE WALK-AROUND TASTING: open on Saturday afternoon and on Sunday all the day long – Palazzo Bufalini (ticket: 15euro)
- GUIDED WINE TASTINGS held in Sala degli Specchi of Palazzo Bufalini. The main topics will be: Riesling, Orange Wines, Reds of Italy, Sparkling wines of Europe
- SPEED WINE: short basic courses about different themes such as Amarone, Aglianico, Sagrantino, Barolo – Barbaresco, Charmat – Classic Methods, Whisky, Verdicchio, Champagne, Spirits, cigar
- SPEED FOOD, a news of this edition: wine and food pairings to promote also the food excellences of Italian culture
- ORANGE WINE AREA to focus on this specific style along with the wine blogger Francesco Saverio Russo of Wine Blog Roll
- INTERNATIONAL WINE, it is the area dedicated to International wines that this year will come from France, Spain, Germany, Georgia, Croatia
- UMBRIA HALL to leave a specific space to the regional excellences as expected by many guests once they get in Umbria region
- WINE&FOOD APPOINTMENTS: there will be 3 appointments, a tasting-dinner on Saturday night with the young pastry-chef Isabella Potì and the chef Floriano Pellegrino, owner of Bros restaurant of Lecce, both from Puglia region; on Sunday, the tasting-lunch with the local chef Polito from the restaurant La Locanda del Capitano located in Montone along with the sommelier Andrea Galanti. Finally Fabiana Scarica, winner of the TV programme Top Chef 2017 will open the festival on Friday night
- BEER-WHISKY-CIGAR will have their own hall.On Monday, April 16 there will also be the official presentation at Vinitaly for those who will attend the wine fair in Verona.
- On Monday, April 16, there will also be the official presentation at Vinitaly for those who will attend the wine fair in Verona (“ComeInUmbria” area, hall 2, A9-E10 at 4:30 PM).
I will attend the Only Wine Festival also this year so I will be happy to write and share the experience. Stay tuned!
For more info and contacts: http://www.onlywinefestival.it/